Friday, June 27, 2008

All eyes on Me

Essay by Jacquil Rivers

My name is Jacquil Rivers and I am 13 years old. My favorite food is ravioli. When I was in the first grade, my teacher once asked me, "Who was the very first president of the United States?"

At the time I was unsure. So I simply replied, "Chef Boyardee."

My teacher simply smiled and laughed.

My hobbies are drawing and writing. I learned how to draw from my older brother Dontrell. I really like drawing. It is hard yet rewarding.

My Mom can be very strict, if she wants to be. In the mornings, when I wouldn't get up on time for school sometimes, she threw cold water on me. Lately, my Mom has been encouraging me to get a paper route.

My Dad has many talents. One of them specifically is his talent as a comedian.

When I'm not drawing, I like to play my video games. My favorite is Pokemon Diamond. My favorite television show is Haunted. The Goosebumps series are my favorite books because they come up with real problems that students my age face and accomplish every day. One of my least favorite moments was when I first started to learn to ride my bike. I fell into a ditch and had to be pulled out.

(Photo above shows a jovial Jacquil Rivers with thumbs up. In photo 1 below, Jacquil's home in Pembroke stands on a serene green plot. In second photo, Jacquil's his dog Princess noses around. Both photos by Jacquil Rivers.)

No comments: