Friday, June 27, 2008

The Principal’s Office

Story by Denisha Cearo
Photo by Demarckus Lee Thomas

I walk down the hall
I glance to the right
A big fancy office
But no one in sight.

I shouldn’t be nosey
(That’s what I’ve been taught)
But I’m very curious
Do you think I’ll get caught?

I walk through the doorway and poke my head in.
I see picture and papers, pencils and pens

Even a bathroom
A microwave, too
So many things
Some familiar, some new.

“So this is it,” I say with a grin
When all of a sudden the principal walks in.

“Welcome, come in, what can I do for you?”
And in a panicked voice, I blurt:
“Oh, I’m just passing through.”

“Welcome back when you have the time
My door is always open
I really don’t mind.”

Well what do you know?
It’s not scary at all
I will visit again.
But I’ll wait ‘til the fall.

And when I return,
Whether mister or miss,
I’ll gladly stop by
The principal’s office.

No comments: