Friday, June 27, 2008

Rap-sody

Expressions
In the following vignettes, students muse poetically about life in Pembroke


By Kwame Robinson


In Pembroke where the sky is blue.
Sitting at home with nothing to do.
But watching Quinton look at Scooby Doo








By Jacquil Rivers

I live in Pembroke where the rainbows glow
Outside, the wind blows.
In the sky,
The birds fly.
The stars look beautiful
in the night sky
Pembroke is the place to stay
Come and visit today.



By Kwame Robinson

I live in Hopkins Park
Land of the trees.
I hate when the fall comes
‘Cause I’m the one raking all the leaves.
Pembroke is where I live
I guess you can call it my home.
But everything’s not good
People still doing wrong.


By Jackie Collins

I live in Pembroke where the skies are blue
Where kids play outside
Where it’s hot as glue.

Yes, they say Pembroke is poor
But we sit outside and enjoy.
And this is where I’m going to end it:
My life is the best.
This poem is ended.




By Deandre M. Hampton

Life in Pembroke where the skies are blue
Here in Pembroke where the land is green
The people out here aren’t so mean
I look at moms
Like she’s the queen.
Out in Pembroke,
I don’t have much green
Take a look at Pembroke
You will see what I mean.





Pembroke is Beautiful
By Sylvester Houston

I come outside look at the blue skies.
I say to myself Pembroke is beautiful and alive.
I look at my mom and say, “look at the blue skies.”
Pembroke is so beautiful and alive.

No comments: